This website uses cookies to function correctly.
You may delete cookies at any time but doing so may result in some parts of the site not working correctly.

If you are off work for up to seven days you do not require a medical certificate from the doctor. You may need to fill in a self-certificate which is available from your employer.

If your absence from work is greater than seven days, please see your doctor who can provide a medical certificate where appropriate.

Call 111 when you need medical help fast but it’s not a 999 emergencyNHS ChoicesThis site is brought to you by My Surgery Website